Monday, May 12, 2014

Con El Presidente Tambien? Que Chevere!

Hello and again, I am writing an email. I am missionary.

Sorry about that, my companion was practicing his English, and I didn't want to erase it.

Hey Everybody! So this week has been one of the best weeks ever. With calling home yesterday with Skype, and everything else that happened, I'm feeling pretty good this morning. Sorry for how short last week's email was, I was a little short on time. :P Don't worry, for this week's email I'll try to make a little bit longer.

So, let's get started with some of the major events of this week, yeah?

On Monday, it was P-day, so we went on a little adventure to a place called Polvos Azules. What Polvos Azules is, is it's a giant shopping complex for shoes, clothes, suitcases, and lots of other things that are "brand name," super cheap, and look and feel and seem authentic, but may or may not actually be authentic. I got a futbol jersey of the united states for the world cup in Brazil. (Ye-yeah)




After that, I went to do a pre-call to my family before actually using Skype on Sunday. Other than that, not much happened on Monday.

On Tuesday, My companion had to send a package, so we had to go to a SERPOST, (The mail system here in Peru) to send the package. The thing is, the closest SERPOST is in the center of Lima, so we had a little adventure doing that too. But that's really the only thing that happened on Tuesday that was really worth mentioning.




Wednesday, we had the opportunity to go to the temple again. It was awesome! I've sent some pictures of that trip. The biggest surprise for me, is when we finished the session, the President was there waiting for us in the Celestial room. After the temple, we went and had some activities with the president that were really fun. So, that was a really good day.

Holiness to the Lord
My District at the Temple
Me in front of the Lima Peru Temple
My Mission President and His Wife
The entrance to the South America, South West Area Office

On Thursday, not much happened, other than the Zone conference, where I was thrown onto a table, (I'll explain later if I have time) and we played a card game afterwards. Also, Thursday was one of the most productive days this week. We had 5 lessons, and the day passed really quickly. 

On Friday, I had to go on splits with the companion of our District Leader.  We had a good deal of success. I also had 5 lessons that day.

On Saturday, we went and had lunch with one of the members in our ward, The Perez family. They're both about 75 years old, and they like to talk A LOT.  I swear, we were in their house for at least two hours just listening to Brother Perez talking. It's okay, The food was good, and the family is actually really nice. It was an... experience.

And finally, on Sunday, We had our sacrament meeting like normal, but the thing is, the Elders in the ward were putting together a meal for all of the mothers (and others) in the ward. Our ward ends at 11, and when all the sisters were gathered to eat, the food wasn't even there yet. We had to wait for almost an hour to be able to leave (that's why I was a little late Skyping) (Oh, and yes, that rice and chicken was the food that they had prepared). So, after that, I got to Skype! That was the other highlight of the week.
 


So, we had a pretty busy week, right? I think that next week we're going to be having transfers again, so I'll let you guys know when it happens.

I love you all, but I'm out of time. See you all (figuratively speaking) next week!


-Elder DaƱel Jacob Smitho

No comments:

Post a Comment