Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Demasiado Pasó Este Semana Que No Tengo un Titulo Suficiente

Hello, once again! This is email!
 
Well, as the title says, a lot happened this week. A lot. Before anything, I need to say, Mom, I'm either going to need a little bit of money, or a new camera. Why? Because my camera may or may not have been stolen. (That means my camera was stolen.)

But Elder Smith, what happened?

I'll tell you what happened! So, it was P-day, and all the missionaries were at the stake center. We had changed our clothes, and had played a little volleyball, but the majority of the missionaries at this point were inside watching Toy Story 3. The thing is, we had left our bags in the chapel. So, my companion and the district leader's companion were outside playing 1 on 1 soccer, and they saw a guy walk into the building thinking, okay, he's probably just some member. 

Turns out, he went upstairs and searched through all the bags looking for money, USB's, cameras, cell phones, things like that. Turns out, he got away with one cell phone, four cameras, a few camera cables, a bunch of USB's, and about 65 soles.(That's about 25 dollars.) The moral of the story is, don't leave ANYTHING unattended. The sad thing is, I had forgotten to download my photos to my USB, so now I don't have any pictures of the last 7 months.

Oh well, I'm not mad. I'm just a little surprised that someone would steal from missionaries INSIDE a church. I hope he's happy.  So, yeah, that's why I need a new camera.

HOWEVER!! That's not the end of my week, that's just the beginning!

A few hours after we had gotten robbed, we were riding back to our apartment in one of the micro-buses that they have down here. I was feeling pretty down, more than anything because I'd lost all those photos.


At this moment, I felt like I needed to pray. Instead of asking why this happened to me, instead of complaining, or murmuring, I said a prayer of thanks for all of the blessings I had been given. After that I opened my eyes and saw a passage of scripture on the wall of the bus (because everyone down here is Catholic and they like to show it) It was a scripture in Isaiah 40:31, that says that the lord gives new strength. When I saw this, I felt so much better. Again, I bowed my head to thank the Lord for helping me.

So, yeah, that was my Monday.

Tuesday, I had a special experience, when my companion and I went to the house of one of the members of our ward. She had asked that we stop by to give a blessing over her house, so that's what we did. It was incredible, my back was toward the door, and when my companion had said the words 'that your home may be a dwelling place for the Holy Ghost, I felt something pass through me, from my back and out my front. It was a really warm feeling, and I had never felt anything like it. So, yeah, that was an experience.

On Wednesday, we went to the house of a few of our investigators to give a lesson. At the end, both of them asked for a blessing of health, and I got to do both of them. It's weird, I'm not the most eloquent speaker in the world, but I felt the words for the blessings just coming to me. That was really cool.

On Thursday was our Zone conference, and I always learn a mountain of things at every zone conference. And... (Fanfare playing) I got the package! Finally!!! It only took forever... And I have to say, the custom "Doctor Who" Cards are AWESOME!!! Thank you so much Lara and Dave! I love you guys!!

So Thursday and Friday were pretty normal. However, on Saturday, our ward had a little talent show. I say little, but it was actually pretty dang huge. It had a light system, sound system, and fog machine. I forgot how rich the people are in my area. So, from that, we got a whole ton of new investigators. 

On Sunday, I got to give another blessing, so that was cool too.

Well, this week started out pretty crappy, but now I can honestly say that this was one of the best weeks I've had in my mission. My testimony of lots of things were really strengthened this week. I don't have more time to write, so that's all until next week! Oh, and don't expect pictures for a little while. ;)

I love you all! 

-Elder Dañel Jacobo Esmitho

No comments:

Post a Comment