Sunday, March 9, 2014

Cambios and Hospitales!

Hello Friends and Family!

First off, don't panic (about the title), nothing's wrong, I'm fine. Okay, now that you've all stopped panicking, I can continue. 

Well, this week we had TRANSFERS!! Although I'm still not training. :P I have a new companion now, his name is Elder Osorio (Bear-river). He is Chileno. Another Chileno. My third Chileno.(There seems to be a trend here :-)) He is 22 years old, he's just about to complete one year in the field, so that's exciting. He likes video games and annoying my pensionista's son. Oh, and we're co-senior Companions. 

So, to explain a little more of the title, We had to go to the hospital this week. Why? Because it was a follow-up appointment because my companion had appendicitis about a month ago, and the doctors needed to see how everything's healing up. It was however the first time I've gone to the hospital here in Perú, so that was pretty exciting.


I've noticed something interesting here in Perú. Everyone is trying to learn English. I mean, maybe it sounds a little prideful, but English is the best. There are institutes here that are devoted only to learning English. One of which (the most popular that I've seen) is called Británico. Yeah, It's English, but it's British English. I guess that British English is a little easier for the Castillanos to learn. I really don't see much a difference, but bueno.


It has been hot recently. Miserably hot. Even when it's overcast, it's super flipping hot. I take a cold shower, and the minute I step out, I start sweating again. I really miss the cold. I guess I'll just have to wait until June or July, when It starts getting cold again. I have no idea how the people down here can live without air conditioning.

I'm sorry but I don't have time to write any more. P-days always fly by super quickly. So, I have to leave it at that. Scripture for today,  I Cor 10:13.  "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

Oh, and no, I haven't gotten the package yet. I'll let you know when it gets here.


I love you all more that a fat kid loves cake, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment