Sunday, November 10, 2013

Un Titulo en Espanol

Buenos días familia y amigos! Greetings from the dirtiest place in South America!

I have to say, Halloween was kind of boring down here. It does exist, but the government is not very fond of it.  I saw tons of fliers saying not to celebrate Halloween, and there were only very few people actually "trick-o-treating."  It's definitely not as big as in the states, and I have to say I really missed dressing up. :P Well, only two more years till I can, right?

This has been a slow week for us down here. Our district in particular hasn't been having really good success. That may be due to it having four trainees, or something else I don't know, but it's been pretty rough. Anyway, we didn't have a baptism this week, but we have four investigators that are really close.

Funny story time! This Saturday, we were doing service at the house of Hna Mary Luz one last time, and it was only me and Elder Campos, and we went with her to the store to get supplies for cleaning, and, well, she bought herself, Elder Campos and me, watches. They're cheap replication watches, only like 6 or 7 dollars, but nevertheless, I have a new watch now. I thought it was really funny. It looks like the watch from MegaMind.

Spanish has been coming along nicely, Elder Campos insisted that I give my testimony in sacrament meeting this week, and I felt really comfortable doing so. I've also been able to participate in teaching the lessons about 50/50, like it should be. So that's pretty alright. Really, the only issue I really struggle with is understanding everything people say.

I'm glad to hear everything is going great at home, and it sounds like Halloween was fun! And the package, if you send it on Wednesday should get here either next week or the week after. 

Thanks so much everyone! I love you all!

-Elder Dañel Jacob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment