Sunday, November 3, 2013

Bautismo Numero Dos

Hey everybody!

Entonces! This week has been exciting, we had the baptism for Hermana Mary Luz this week.  (I had her name wrong before).

We spent a lot of time preparing Hermana Mary Luz for her baptism. She really is an amazing convert and a great person. Elder Campos performed the baptism on Saturday, and the confirmation was the following day, done by the bishopric. 

Here's an exciting thing that happened this week, Elder Campos had it set hard in his head that we needed to paint our room... And I wasn't going to talk him out of it, so we painted our cuarto. It was just us, so it took a couple of hours, but I do have to say that it looks a lot better. Before it was just concrete grey, but now it's a light creamish color. So, that was an adventure.

We have a problem with our ward down here. They really don't want to do anything to help.  Por Ejemplo! At the baptism of Hermana Mary, we didn't have hardly anyone show up. The Sunday before we went around to all the classes and asked them if they would attend, and they said they would, but not many people actually showed up. They need to understand that the conversos nuevos (new converts) need the support of the ward. Anyway, enough about that.

I've noticed something down here. The members don't really understand the concept of "the sabbath day." Yesterday, we were eating with one of the families in our ward, (we have lunch with a different family every Sunday), and one of the members left for a couple minutes, and came back with some bananas and a box with a couple donuts. I was a little surprised, but I didn't want to say anything, but I just kept thinking to myself "Hermana! That's against the commandments! Those donuts were purchased on the Sabbath Day!" It's a little funny how the members down here are.

Oh, and HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!!!! Yeah.

It's always so nice to hear from everyone at home every week, and thanks so much for the pictures! I'm so glad to hear that everything's still alright in the States. And this Thursday marks three months in the field! The time is flying! That's 1/8 of my mission. Before I know it, I'll be back home.
 
I don't really have any more time to write, So I'll leave you with this. Every grey cloud has a silver lining. If your circumstances look bleak, always try and look for the good in every situation. In this is true happiness.
 
Elder Daniel Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment