Sunday, October 13, 2013

Conferencia General


Hola, Todos!

Entonces, this week not a whole lot happened. I really don't have all that much to say, other than we have a handful of new investigators, and General Conference. I got to listen to General Conference in English, and I am so happy about it. If I had needed to listen in Spanish, I wouldn't have received the guidance and comfort that I need right now. (Even if I only got to listen to three of the five sessions.)

I think my favorite talk from General Conference was President Dieter F. Uchtdorf´s talk during the priesthood session that I'll call "You can do it now."   I love this phrase, "You can do it now!" In this phrase lies many distinct truths. The truth that there will always be someone there to help you be able to get up, even if at times you feel like it's impossible. "You can do it now." In this phrase is the truth that the faith of others will build up, and magnify your own faith. "You can do it now." In this phrase is the truth that you will always have the power to overcome any challenge you may face. "You can do it now." I don't think I have ever felt quite as inspired, nor felt as much peace and comfort from any other set of words. "Usted puede hacerlo ahora."

General Conference is always a major blessing in my life, and I know with a surety why I'm here and why I'm serving a mission. It's not easy, and at times I feel discouraged about the language, my investigators, or other things in general, but my purpose is to tell others to "Get up, you can do it now."

It's so nice to hear about everything that´s going on at home and I wish I were able to share these experiences with you, but I'd rather be out here serving those who haven't had the same blessing that I've had. 
 
Here are some pictures from Kenneth's Baptism:


Here is a picture from our apartment.  This is our study area:


And this is outside in our patio area:


I don't have a whole lot more time to write, but just a few more things.

The address you have is correct, that's where letters and packages need to be sent. Oh, and I heard the name of the lady in Salt Lake is Vanessa, if that helps.  She is the one who brings packages for missionaries down here to Peru.



That about wraps everything up, so as always, thanks for tuning in!

-Elder DaƱel Jacob Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment