Monday, April 14, 2014

El Augustino, La Victoria

Hello, friends, family, and everyone else! 

Here we are again on this beautiful and hazy day here in Lima Perú! Well, the biggest news for this week is that we just had transfers! I am no longer in the comfort of Surco, and am now back in the dirt and grime here in the Center of Lima. Well, the zone is called Center of Lima, but I'm in an area that's called El Augustino, with parts of an area called La Victoria. Oh, and I don't want to scare you or anything, but I just might be one of the more dangerous parts of the mission. Maybe.



So, on Tuesday is when we had the transfers. We all went to La Molina to meet our new companions. I am now with Elder Gomez, he's from Argentina. He's about six foot three, and he is really skinny. He has three months in the mission. I'm finally the senior companion, so this transfer is going to be interesting. 
 
Elder Gomez

My new area needs a lot of work. Our bishop doesn't really do anything, the ward is always super late to everything, and more than half of the members are in-actives. 

I now live in a little apartment with my companion and two other missionaries, so in the nights things are a little less boring. 
 
 
Something funny is that when I first arrived in the area, I could smell the distinct odor of marijuana. Oh! another funny thing is that our zone has about 24 missionaries, and I am one of three gringos. I've been having to give English classes to the whole zone, so that's been... Fun.

I regret that I don't have any more time to write, but I'm definitely going to write a big long letter next week.

I love you all!
-Elder Dañel Jacobo Esmitho

No comments:

Post a Comment