Wednesday, August 21, 2013

From the MTC in Peru

First, let me just say HAPPYBIRTHDAYHAPPYBIRTHDAYHAPPYHAPPYHAAAAAAAAAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADAM!!!!! And a very Happy Anniversary to my insanely awesome parents. ;) 


This past week has been really great for me! Not only because I'm starting to pick up the Spanish faster, but one of my very best friends, and the coolest person ever arrived at the CCM! It's the one and only Elder Eric Daniel Kidman! He got here at about 3 in the morning on Thursday. I knew he was coming, so that whole night I was anxiously waiting to see him.  Anyway, we have a new batch of Latinos now, and they're actually really awesome! And also insanely good at futbol (soccer). I have been playing futbol for the past couple of days with the Latinos, and I can honestly say I've never enjoyed getting my butt kicked more than I do while playing soccer with them. The only trouble is the field we have to play on is turf, so lots of people have gotten turf burn. Oh well, Just gotta be careful.

Somehow, I've avoided sickness so far. About two thirds of the people at the CCM have gotten sick to some extent, But I've somehow managed to stay away from it.
I can definitely feel the Gift of Tongues working with all the missionaries here at the CCM, and it sometimes feels like words I never even learned pop out of my mouth. Some words in my head have been replaced by the Spanish equivalent, and it's kinda freaking me out. It's an immense blessing to all of us here at the CCM. I am not, however going to be able to speak fluent Spanish for a good six months still, but this is a good start.


The address Elder Scott gave at the Provo MTC was broadcast to all the MTC's across the globe, so I got to see it too! Not only that, but I saw Nicole singing in the choir! It was really cool, and also an extremely good talk. I'm extremely grateful for modern day Prophets and Apostles to help guide us, and this was definitely an excellent example of that.

I want to thank everyone who wrote me emails this week. It really means a lot to me to get messages from you all, and with all your encouragement, I'm going to be able to go forth with all my heart, might, mind and strength to help these amazing people in Peru. So once again, thanks for all your encouraging emails.

On that note, real letters are nice too, winky face. It's always nice to get a solid letter, because believe me, getting one of those here is like winning the lottery to us missionaries. One of the Elders in my district, Elder Jensen, got a package in the mail the other day, and it was like it was Christmas. Everyone in the district gets excited when even one of us gets a letter. So, yeah, letters are nice. Another winky face.

I don't have a whole lot of time left, so I'll leave you all with this: Always strive to have the spirit with you. For missionaries, it's our main teaching tool, and for everyone it acts as a comfort and a guide. Nefi (Nephi in English) was led to Laban being "... led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which [He] should do." (1 Ne 4:6)  Always listen to the promptings of the Spirit.

I love you all, and look forward to seeing all your beautiful faces!

Love,
-Elder Daniel Jacob Smith

P.S. Liz Smith, my shoes are definitely cuter than yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment